Sunday, September 6, 2009

Prologue

So last night I watched Julie and Julia with my friend Lauren and it got me thinking. Although I love cooking and baking, I never really attempted it do it every day. I even managed to amass a small collection of cook books. So I am sure, I am among hundreds of others that were inspired by this movie. I will attempt the feat of cooking my way through a whole cook book at the rate of one recipe a day.

Of course deciding to do this project raised a whole new set of problems. What cook book shall I use? How can I cook my way through a book if I recently became vegetarian? So I decided on a baking book. Most of the recipes allow for the substitution of lard with olive oil.

The book I chose is The Italian Baker by Carol Field. This project will start on my birthday (9/8) so I will have a couple days to procure various tools needed. Until then nonexistent readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment