Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Pane Di Como

This bread is described as a delicious breakfast bread with a crunchy dome and a feathery floury top. The interior is supposed to have irregular holes through out the bread.

I must admit that that I did not get off to a good start with this bread. I found out that I had failed to get the malt syrup. After some quick research (google!) I found that it is used as a sweetener. So I put in a pinch of sugar and am hoping for the best. Thankfully it was the starter that called for it so I am hoping that the syrup is not too powerful a taste factor in the bread.

The dough seems to be acting well for me and mixing easy. I just finished the first rise and put it into bowls with small clothes covered in flour. From there after the second rise I will turn the two loaves out onto the preheated baking stone.

Well at this point the bread smells great. It was a little awkward turning out the loaves but I eventually got it. Heres how the bread looked going into the oven.
Well I just pulled the loaves out of the oven and let them cool. They taste just fine, the dome is very crunchy and the crumb nice and soft and tasty.

Heres today's end product:

Tomorrow is Pane di Como Antico o Pane Francese

No comments:

Post a Comment