Friday, June 24, 2011

Pane Al Formaggio

It has been a long time since I updated this blog. I am sure both of my followers have been completely devastated by the lack of updates. But good news! I am starting up again.

Today's recipe was Pane Al Formaggio or "Cheese Bread". This one was interesting because it called for shredded parmesan and 'pecorino' cheese mixed into the dough. Now I had no idea what a pecorino cheese was, but after some quick researching I found that it has to do with the way/from what the cheese was made. I decided to go with Romano cheese as my secondary cheese for the bread.

Mixing and kneading the dough felt a little odd as it had the very hard cheese shreds in it giving the dough almost a gravelly feel. Otherwise the process was pretty normal for the bread and after the second rise it was ready for the oven.




Taste: The bread was pretty good, the cheese added a definite sharp tang to the bread as a whole. My brother and I found that eating it with some Colby jack was very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment